Oportunidade de estágio na ONU! Inscrições até 19 de Julho!
Você encontrou uma vaga de estágio a qual você é elegível e gostaria de enviar sua candidatura mas não sabe ao certo como preparar seu candidatura e nem como proceder no processo seletivo? Nós podemos ajudar! Veja como funciona o Coaching Profissional
The duties will include:
1. Support the work related to the ISDR initiatives and campaigns, including “Making Cities Resilient”, “International Day for Disaster Reduction”, “World Tsunami Awareness Day”.
2. Support identification of existing tools and resources in such areas as recovery, land use planning or urban development planning for risk reduction, construction and risk management standards, risk profiling, microzonation, regulatory frameworks, community organization and/or others and propose a classifying system.
3. Support collecting and organizing information on cities participating in the Making Cities Resilient campaign: this may include research on risk profiles and disaster risk reduction experience; follow-up with proponents for sing-up process. Support maintaining and enhancing contact lists and new information on participating cities, and their activities.
4. Support moderation and analysis of discussions and initiatives on specific standards and benchmarks for resilient cities, as outlined in the ten-point checklist of essential actions to build resilient cities.
5. Support the overall implementation of these Campaigns by performing any other duties as required.
6. Support maintaining and enhancing contact lists and new information on participating partners and their activities
7. Support maintaining the database of contacts for the Office.
8. Perform additional duties as may be required.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings time. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
• Be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of Japanese is desirable.